How should we protect our children?
Q0008: Salam what can I do to protect my children from jinns and stuff?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
1. Protect the home first read the whole of surah Baqarah once every three days. If you can not do this then read ayat al kursi every morning and night. Make azan in the house for every prayer. The home is the fortress of the family.
2. Reading adkhaar over them every morning (before sending them to school) and evening.
"A'uzubi kalimathith thamma min kulli shaytanin wa hamma wa min killi alynil lamma."
[I seek refuge in the Perfect Word of Allah from every devil and poisonous creature and every evil eye]
Sheikh Waleed mentioned that the prophet (pbuh) used to seek refuge for Hasaan and Hussain with this dua when they were children. When he (pbuh) was in Media or traveling- so whether they were in his presence or not.
Ibrahim (as) would also read this dua to protect his children Ismail (as) and Ishaaq (as)
3. VERY IMPORTANT: Read the 2 quls x3 and then blow on your hands and wipe over them before sleeping. (Front of their bodies (not the back), from head to toe. But don’t come back up i.e. from feet to head.
4. You read ayat al kursi aloud with eman and tawwakul (that Allah (swt) sends down an angel to protect you all night- teach this to the children)
5. Saying bismilliah before letting them out of the house either for play in the garden or to go school.
6. Teaching them about the sunnah i.e. never urinate under trees, or a hole, or cave or hard shoulder of motorway except in desperate situation even then read the dua for entering toilet because its a dua to seek refuge from the jinns
7. Bring them inside the house 25-30 minutes before maghrib.
8. Close the doors and windows saying bismilah. Cover utensils.
9. Teach the children not to get angry and if they do to say a'uzubillahi min ash shaytanir rajeem
10. Be careful abroad- girls have got possessed because their parents dressed them in nice clothes (bight red) and hair done up nicely and took them to a village known to have jinns with no protective dua over them so jinns like these children and possess them.
11. Make ruqya olive oil (the same way you would make ruqya water) and rub it on the children's body, especially after baths and before they go to bed. Rub the oil all over their bodies, jinn most often possess children through their feet and tummy (stomach) but they can possess through any part of the body.
Please also see What are the signs of child jinn possession